- Watcher, The
- The Watcher was a cult leader and prophet in D'ni circa 4692 DE. In a speech to the D'ni people, King Demath denounced The Watcher's words as "pure rubbish and nothing more than a desperately lonely man seeking attention." (King Demath Notebook)
- Dr. Richard A. Watson
- Noted D'ni Historian, chairman of the board of the DRC(the D'ni Restoration Council), also employed by Cyan Worlds, Inc.
- For more information about how Dr. Watson got involved with the restoration of D'ni, please read his post to the DRC Organization's webboard. A little background on Zandi
- Well, The
- Part of the tunnel to the surface built by the D'ni, The Well was an immense vertical shaft, oval in shape, with stairs spiraling up its sides like a corkscrew. (BoT 56; BoA 63-4) The shaft was designed by Surveyor's Guild Master Garten. (Cyan)
- The main entry point for the Age of Gahreesen was also called The Well.
- Worship Rooms
- While on Age 37, Atrus reflects that the building Gehn has erected was just like the Worship Rooms that he had seen in several of the great houses back in D'ni. He describes the room as having symbolic tapestries of elaborate and colorful silk, rugs and screens, and a number of golden goblets and bowls, big jewel-encrusted things which he imagines had to have been taken from D'ni. (BoA 140)
- Writers, Guild of
- Though the Guild of Writers was held to be the most prestigious of the 18 guilds, they claimed no special privileges nor had a greater voice than any other guild on the Council. Though it was possible for any gifted guildsman to learn the Art of writing Ages, this was the prime function of Guild of Writers. Their Guild Hall was the first to be completed when the D'ni came to their new home on Earth, and it held libraries and book rooms the like of which could be found nowhere else in D'ni. (Cyan FAQ)(see BoT 113-114 for a description of the Guild Hall)
- Writers of Yahvo
- One of the religious sects of D'ni. Writers of Yahvo believed that it was their duty to try to write the perfect Age. During the reign of King Asemlef (5999 - 6284 DE) two key Writers from the Guild of Writers left the guild to join the sect. Up until that time the group had been relatively small, but it eventually became one of the three largest sects in all of D'ni. (King Asemlef Notebook)
- Writing, The Art of
- The Art of forging a link to a new world, or Age, by writing a special Descriptive Book about that Age.
- This is such an important and immense subject that I have prepared a separate page to gather information pertaining to it. For more information about Linking and The Art of Writing Ages, please see my Linking Facts page.
Myst, Riven, and all things D'ni are the creation of Cyan Worlds, Inc.
Important Legal Notices
The D'ni Desk Reference