- Rakeri, Lord
- One of the Five Great Lords. (BoT 139-40) Grand Master of the Guild of Miners. (BoT 148) Father of Veovis. His family owned the island mansion of K'veer, and they owned six Ages, including Nidur Gemat. (BoT 204) He was not present at the (first) sentencing of his son and died very shortly afterward, before the destruction of D'ni. (BoT 240)
- Author of the book "Ashem", written in 5589 DE. (King Me'emen Notebook)
- An Age discovered by the DRC which posed serious safety hazards to explorers. (DRC site)
- Mentioned in Douglas Sharper's Teledahn Journal as a place where slaves were brought to participate in some kind of hunting "game." (Sharper's Teledahn Journal)
- Recreation Ages
- Ages written primarily for recreation. Mention of this type of Age been found in the ruins of D'ni by the DRC. (Yableshan Monument Book)
- In the game of Gemedet, these long tweezers were used to slip the ovoid playing pieces, called stones, into place within the playing grid. (BoT 181)
- A small creature native to Ader Jamat. The one specimen described in the Book of Ti'ana is said to have had long silky brown-black fur, large cobalt blue eyes, and a leathery neck. They were some sometimes kept as pets. (BoT 163)
- The Temple to Yahvo built during the reign of King Ri'neref. Construction started in 48 DE and was finished in 63 DE. It was meant as a place of worship and a reminder of the coming of the foretold Great King. (King Ri'neref Notebook)
- The D'ni lexicon. (BoT 147)
- The new Age which Atrus wrote for the D'ni survivors, in which they could rebuild their civilization. When Atrus realized that someone had been in his study on Tomahna, he had nara locks made for some of his Descriptive Books. The bands covering the Releeshahn Book were to prevent anyone tampering with the writing or using its linking panel.
- Our Age in the clouds which Yeesha gives to us.
- D'ni word meaning unseen.
- This word appears to refer to a kind of secret police in D'ni. (King Demath Notebook)
- To the Terahnee the word referred to their millions of unseen slaves. (BoD 205, 264)
- Resahn, Master
- Guild Master Reshan of the Guild of Archivists. (King Demath Notebook)
- A shortened form of the term Restoration Engineer, which refers to those officially working to restore D'ni. (DRC site)
- R'hira, Lord
- One of the Five Great Lords before the destruction of D'ni. (BoT 139-40) A member of the Emergency Council during the last days of D'ni. (BoT 266)
- Rico Warman was an early visitor to the D'ni Cavern and became an Authorized Explorer.
- Rijahna, Master
- Guild Master Rijahna was presiding as chairman at the Open Day ceremonies at the Guild of Books' Guild College when the great destruction of D'ni began. (BoT 288-9)
- The mute servant of the adult Gehn on K'veer. (BoA 88) He knew things about K'Veer that Gehn never suspected. (BoA 208-9)
- Ri'neref, King
- Ri'neref was the first King of D'ni. He was thought by the D'ni to be the most skilled in the Art of writing Ages. He wrote the Book of D'ni [Earth].
- Ri'neref was disturbed by what he saw as abuses of the power that the Art of Writing gave to his civilization, the Ronay. While most of the inhabitants of their dying home Age, Garternay, relocated to a lush world called Terahnee, Ri'neref led a small group to a new life in the D'ni Cavern. He was the first Grand Master of the Guild of Writers in D'ni, and their first King. For further information please read the DRC notebook on Ri'neref. (King Ri'neref Notebook)
- The Fifth Age of Gehn. Home of Catherine (Katran) who became the wife of Atrus, mother of Achenar, Sirrus, and Yeesha.
- Prior to coming to live on earth, the D'ni lived in an Age called Garternay, which means "root of the Great Tree" in the D'ni language, and which referred to the Great Tree of Possibilities. The inhabitants of Garternay called themselves the Ronay, which means "people of the root." (DRC site)
- A D'ni word meaning "person." (RAWA)
- The plural form of the D'ni word, "rov" (person), which can mean "persons" or could be translated "people." (RAWA)
Myst, Riven, and all things D'ni are the creation of Cyan Worlds, Inc.
Important Legal Notices
The D'ni Desk Reference