- Dancing, The Day of
- The first Day of Dancing was celebrated on Leetar 21 of the year 3646 to mark the final destruction of the D'ni's former home. It was a happy occasion, because they had truly made Earth their new home in their hearts, and rejoiced that they were not destroyed with their old world. (Cyan FAQ)
- Demath, King
- Demath was the 25th King of D'ni. He took the throne in 4692 DE at the age of 154. He died in 4843 at the age of 305, leaving the throne to his first-born son, Yableshan.
- For more information, please read the transcript of the DRC notebook on Demath. (Demath Notebook)
- A type of stone used by the D'ni. Deretheni is not quite as hard as nara, but is lightweight, extremely durable, and able to take tremendous punishment. (BoD 84-87)
- Beginning in 5473 DE, the Guild of Maintainers used the newly discovered Deretheni to make the protective suits they wear for Age exploration. These much improved and safer suits allowed the Guild of Writers a wider scope for their writing, and the resulting new breed of Ages had a big impact on the D'ni culture. (King Me'emen Notebook)
- An ancient settlement on the Age of Yakul. (BoT 157)
- 1) An ancient D'ni word meaning hope. (BoD 309)
- 2) The new name for the Age of Terahnee after the liberation of the relyimah. (BoD 309)
- The word D'ni (meaning New Start) refers to the people, the culture, the language, and the place where this people lived, in the Great Cavern, and in smaller caverns and tunnels, deep within the Age of Earth. The D'ni had the ability to link to other Ages by means of Descriptive Books. In addition to what they found on Earth, they were able to gather their food and other necessities from these other Ages. They lived within Earth for more than 6,000 years before their civilization suffered a great disaster.
- D'ni language
- I am primarily an Archivist, and not a Linguist, so I do not have a dedicated page for the D'ni language, but you will find some D'ni words listed separately in the Reference. I have only included words which I have seen Richard Watson authenticate. The examples of D'ni words you will find here is by no means a complete list.
- For further information about the D'ni language, please investigate the links to other sources I have gathered on my Community page under the D'ni Language sites heading. See particularly the D'ni Linguistic Fellowship for many language resources in one site.
- According to the official web site of the DRC, "DRC stands for D'ni Restoration Council. It is an independent, informal group of individuals whose main purpose is to oversee the exploration and restoration of D'ni."
- "The council is currently headed by Dr. Marie Sutherland, Dr. Ikuro Kodama, Victor Laxman, and Michael Engberg with Dr. Richard Watson as chair. There are also numerous volunteers who currently serve in support roles." (DRC site)
- Seen to the upper right is a DRC stamp. If you see this stamp on a Linking Book, you can be sure that the DRC has deemed it to be safe to use.
- The DRF is the D'ni Restoration Foundation. It is a nonprofit organization established and funded by Elias Zandi which helps to fund the work of the DRC.
- Dressing Screen
- The D'ni apparently used screens for personal privacy. (BoA 149)
Myst, Riven, and all things D'ni are the creation of Cyan Worlds, Inc.
Important Legal Notices
The D'ni Desk Reference