- Yableshan, King
- Yableshan was the 26th King of D'ni. He took the throne in 4843 DE at the age of 109, and died in 5081 DE at the age of 347. Yableshan was the first born son of King Demath.
- For more historical information, please see the transcript of the official DRC King Yableshan Monument Book. (Yableshan Monument Book)
- A D'ni day. The plural is yahr-tee. A yahr is is equal to about 30 hours and 14 minutes of surface time. There are 29 days in each of the ten D'ni months. (Cyan)
- The personal name of the D'ni God. He is also called the Maker. (BoT 299)
- The oldest Age of the Guild of Writers, made by the first great Writer of the Guild, Ar'tenen. The place where, traditionally, the officials of the Guild conducted the private ceremony of Korfah V'ja. (BoT 157)
- One of the Ages of the D'ni. The Yasefe Age was mostly forest and provided D'ni with a good portion of its wood supply, including the expensive and rare wood, Yema. (King Me'emen Notebook)
- According to information discovered by the DRC, Yema was the most rare and expensive wood used by the D'ni. (King Me'emen Notebook)
- Yena, Grand Master
- Mentioned in The Book of Ti'ana (BoT) on page 94 as one of the Council. As a Grand Master, he may have been on the High Council.
- The daughter, and third child, of Atrus and Catherine (a.k.a. Katran). Yeesha is a Writer of Ages unequaled in our knowledge. She starts us on a journey of discovery which leads us to the ruins of the ancient civilization of the D'ni, deep beneath the surface of our earth.
- Seen here to the right, Yeesha shows us the new symbol of our future journeys.
- Yeesha's Symbol
- Yeesha's symbol is seen in many places. There are D'ni letters spelling Yeesha's name in the center. Pictures of a bird, which is also on the shirt she wears, might represent the "desert bird" in Catherine's dream, a term which Atrus applied to Yeesha in his letter to her. There are also pictures of open books and the spiral hand motif in the symbol.
- A member of the Emergency Council during the last days of D'ni. He would probably have been at least a Guild Master to have been on this Council.(BoT 266)
- Yteru, Grand Master
- Grand Master of the Guild of Books. He presided when four year old Gehn was inducted into the Guild. He spoke the words of acceptance following Gehn's recitation of the guild oath. (BoT 243)
Myst, Riven, and all things D'ni are the creation of Cyan Worlds, Inc.
Important Legal Notices
The D'ni Desk Reference