- The D'ni word for five. (FMTR 96, Riven)
- Vamen District
- A middle class district in D'ni.
- A D'ni noun meaning presence. (RAWA's Letter)
- Living beneath the surface of Earth, deep within the rock, the D'ni needed a powerful and extensive ventilation system to bring in fresh air. Great fans could constantly be heard as a faint background murmur in D'ni. It was this ventilation system that Veovis used to pump deadly poisons into D'ni destroying everyone who was there. (BoT 303)
- Son of Lord Rakeri. Guild Master of the Guild of Writers. Veovis was given a Korfah V'ja to induct his Age, Ader Jamat, into the Guild of Writer's canon. Only four guildsmen had ever received this honor younger than Veovis, among them the legendary Ri'Neref. (BoT 157)
- He was one of the conspirators in the downfall of the D'ni civilization of his time. He was framed by A'Gaeris, with Suarhrnir's help, of crimes including murder, and making illicit Ages. In his bitterness over being convicted though innocent of the crimes, and his horror of being imprisoned for the rest of his life, he joined forces with A'Gaeris, not realizing it was A'Gaeris rather than Aitrus who had betrayed him. His genius made the weapons of D'ni's destruction. (BoT 303)
- Voting took place in the Council Chamber of the Great Guild House. Only members of the Council had a vote. Proposed laws and matters of policy were debated and then voted upon. Eight stewards counted the hands that were raised for and against, and gave their tallies to the leader of the Five Great Lords, who recorded them in a ledger, added them up, and announced the result. It was protocol that the Five Lords did not vote unless a decision was extremely close, say within three votes. (BoT 198)
Myst, Riven, and all things D'ni are the creation of Cyan Worlds, Inc.
Important Legal Notices
The D'ni Desk Reference