- Sacred Stone
- The Sacred Stone was one of the old cults of Yahvo which had mostly vanished before the death of King Asemlef in 6284 DE. (King Asemlef Notebook)
- Sajka, Lord
- Lord Sajka was one of the Five Great Lords before the fall of D'ni. (Bot 139-40)
- Sculptors, Guild of
- One of the many Minor Guilds of D'ni. In 2488 DE, King Naygen split up the former Major Guild of Fine Artists into the Minor Guilds of Sculptors, Artists, Actors, and Musicians. The split was to encourage growth in the arts. (King Naygen Notebook)
- Serenol Age
- One of the Ages written by Atrus. For more information please see the excerpt from Atrus' Serenol Age journal. (Serenol Age)
- One of the neighborhoods opened by the DRC to accommodate the influx of new explorers in D'ni. (DRC site)
- Sharper, Douglas
- Though not a member of the DRC, Sharper did a massive amount of restoration work on the Age of Teledahn to bring it to a condition safe enough for visitors. Sharper also appears to have done a great deal of other work unknown to the DRC.
- Shimar Age
- One of the Ages written by Atrus. For more information please see the excerpt from Atrus' Shimar Age journal. (Shimar Age)
- Shomat, King
- Shomat was one of the Kings of D'ni. He took the throne in the year 300 DE (D'ni Era) at the age of 44, and died at the age of 299. For more information please read the DRC notebook on King Shomat, and the Shomat story. Shomat Notebook, Shomat Story.
- The D'ni word for "peace." It is used as a common greeting.
- South Gate, The
- The South Gate was the first of the main caverns in which the D'ni lived.(Cyan)
- This area may have some relationship to The Gate, referred to by Gehn in BoA as a massive structure that marked the southernmost territory of the D'ni. (BoA 79, 80)
- Sutherland, Dr. Marie
- Dr. Sutherland is a member of the board of the DRC. She was born on March 12th 1962, and has a doctorate in anthropology from Southern Illinois University. She first joined the expedition in 1993, and has been a member of the DRC since it was formed in 1997.
- Sijarun, Master
- Guild Master Sijarun of the Guild of Maintainers. (BoT 166) He was with the party that removed the Book of Ko'ah and the then unnamed Book (later called the Age of Gemedet) that Aitrus and Anna were writing together from the house of Kahlis, when it was discovered that Aitrus was teaching Anna to write.
- Younger son, and middle child, of Atrus and Catherine. (MYST) (see also Atrus' Family Tree)
- A unit of D'ni measurement used to measure distance. Three spans equals almost 40 feet, making one span equal to approximately 13.3333 feet. (BoT 33)
- Fellow conspirator of A'Gaeris in his scheme to frame and corrupt Veovis, and destroy D'ni. A senior member of The Guild of Maintainers. He had served as Keeper of the Prison Ages, and was later put in charge of disposing of all failed or unstable Ages. (BoT 85)
Myst, Riven, and all things D'ni are the creation of Cyan Worlds, Inc.
Important Legal Notices
The D'ni Desk Reference