THE BOOK of D'NI PROPHESIES
These prophesies are listed in the order in which they appear in the Book of D'ni rather than in chronological order.
- From the Korokh Jimah: vv. 13245-46
- "A seabird calls. The unknowing one stands at the rail. Peace. The circle closed. The last word written."
- From the Ejemah'terak. Book seven. Vv. 328-31
- "Rivers of Fire. Even the rocks burn. An island rises from the sea. Dark magic in an errant phrase. The people bow to the Lord of Error."
- From the Korokh Jimah: vv. 21660-64
- "A burrowing worm blinks in the sunlight and pulls his eyes down over his eyes. Earth's mouth steams. Deep voices grumble. Time draws a jagged line upon the sand in which the woman waits."
- Extract from Gehn's Notebook.
- ~Attributed to Gerad'jenah (undated)
- "Inner and outer meet in a face on a page. Deep lines and ancient eyes. Mirrored. The door is open. The stranger comes. Black flies the cloud behind the newcomer."
- From the Korokh Jimah. vv. 11383-86
- "Torn pages curl and brown. The flames fly up. In the flickering light a cry. Who will lift the fallen stones? Who will link the broken chain?"
- From the Korokh Jimah. vv. 4302-3
- "Discordant time. The smallest of enemies un-mans them all. Hidden within the hidden. A breath and then darkness."
- From the Urakh'nidar. vv. 87-89
- "The creak of cart wheels in the silent dark. Dead men fall between the worlds. A time of great sorrowing."
- From The Visions of Jo'irimah. Canto 157
- "Descending the great ladder of time. We see four faces. The faces of four women. Aged and dead the first two are. The third, a dreamer. The last, a teacher."
- From the Ejemah'terak. Book Four. vv. 3111-14
- "He who numbers but does not name: It is he who heralds the coming tragedy. His footprints lay about the muddied pool."
- From an untitled Terahnee scroll of Ancient origin.
- "Flowers in the desert. The child's eyes opened wide. A thousand million stars dance in the dark mirror of the pool."
Return to BoD Reference
Myst, Riven, and all things D'ni are the creation of Cyan Worlds, Inc.
Important Legal Notices
The D'ni Desk Reference